Profile: Telefonica SA (TEF.MC)
TEF.MC on Madrid SE C.A.T.S.
Price Change (% chg)
Telefonica SA is a Spain-based company active in the telecommunications and digital services sectors. It operates through three business segments: Telefonica Latin America, Tefonica Europa, and Others. It provides public and private telecommunication, media and entertainment services; under such brands as Telefonica, Movistar, O2 and Vivo, among others. It offers fixed telephony accesses, Internet and data accesses, mobile accesses and pay television. In June 2014, the Company acquired Distribuidora de Television Digital, also known as Canal+, unit of Promotora de Informaciones (Prisa). In July 2014, the Company won European Union antitrust clearance for its 8.6-billion-euro ($12 billion) takeover of KPN German mobile arm; Commission insisted that Company sold up to 30% of the merged company network capacity. In July 2014, the Company sold 100% stake in its subsidiary, Telefonica Ireland Ltd. In September 2014, it has bough the Brazilian broadband business GVT from Vivendi SA.
Edificio Central, Pl. 2
C/ Ronda de la Comunicacion s/n
MADRID MAD 28050
Company Web Links
- UPDATE 3-Oi, rivals agree to bid for Brazilian wireless firm TIM - report
- Oi, rivals agree to bid for Brazil's TIM, Folha says
- America Movil, Telefonica, Oi to bid for Brazil's TIM -report
- Talks slowing on Mediaset's sale of stake in pay-TV arm
- Telecom Italia closer to Brazil mobile tower sale: sources