Bank of East Asia Ltd (0023.HK)
22 Sep 2017
* HY net interest income HK$5.74 billion versus HK$5.48 billion
* Sees no "significant deterioration" in 2017 bad loan ratio (Adds further earnings figures, details on asset sales and loan impairment)
HONG KONG, Aug 25 Hong Kong-based Bank of East Asia Ltd (BEA) posted first-half net profit that more than trebled on Friday, due to a drop in loan impairment losses and operational expenses, as well as a surge in interest income.
* Flexiroam Asia Limited has signed a partnership agreement with Bluwire Group LLC Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
HONG KONG Elliott Management Corp has raised its stake in Bank of East Asia Ltd (BEA) less than two weeks before the Hong Kong lender defends itself in court against a lawsuit brought by the U.S. hedge fund.
HONG KONG, July 6 Elliott Management Corp has raised its stake in Bank of East Asia Ltd (BEA) less than two weeks before the Hong Kong lender defends itself in court against a lawsuit brought by the U.S. hedge fund.
SINGAPORE, June 30 Hong Kong's Bank of East Asia Ltd (BEA) has obtained approval from China's securities regulator to set up a joint venture in free trade zone Qianhai as it expands its reach in the world's second largest economy.
* Says East Asia Qianhai Securities Company Limited has received approval for establishment by China securities regulator
HONG KONG, May 12 (IFR) - Asia credit markets were slightly tighter on Friday, though the price of Noble Group's US dollar notes slumped on rising worries over its ability to service debt.
* Toys"R"Us - Toys"R"Us Asia Ltd entered agreement to unify Toys"R"Us business in Japan with company's business in Greater China and Southeast Asia Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: