Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd (4568.T)
22 Sep 2017
* Inovalon announces agreement with daiichi sankyo, inc. To support outcomes-based contracting
TOKYO Japanese drugmaker Daiichi Sankyo denied on Thursday it received a takeover bid last year from Britain's AstraZeneca, following speculation that sent its share price soaring as much as 13 percent and triggered a trade suspension.
* Speculation of takeover interest triggered share suspension
LONDON Japan's Daiichi Sankyo denied on Thursday it had received a takeover bid last year from British drugmaker AstraZeneca, as reported earlier by the online version of Nikkei Business.
* Daiichi Sankyo terminates development and commercialization agreement with Charleston Laboratories regarding hydrocodone products in the U.S., including CL-108
* Daiichi Sankyo announces positive top-line results from Phase 3 clinical trial evaluating mirogabalin in diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain
Aug 31 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 14 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* Britain's AstraZeneca has no comment on report it sought to buy Japan's Daiichi Sankyo last year - spokeswoman Further company coverage: (Reporting by Ben Hirschler; Editing by Edmund Blair)
TOKYO, Aug 31 Britain's AstraZeneca offered to buy Japanese drugmaker Daiichi Sankyo Co last year, a business magazine reported on Thursday, sending the stock soaring before trade was suspended.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co and Daiichi Sankyo said they were evaluating a combination of Bristol-Myers' immuno-oncology drug, Opdivo, with the Japanese company's experimental drug in patients with breast and bladder cancers.