Allied Irish Banks PLC (ALBK.I)
22 Sep 2017
* Allied Irish Bank CEO says momentum in non-performing loan reduction should play out in H2 Further company coverage: (Reporting By Padraic Halpin)
* No impediment to govt selling more shares -CFO (Adds quotes from CFO interview, shares)
DUBLIN, July 27 Allied Irish Banks (AIB) reported a 25 percent fall in first half profit due to few one-off gains but its capital and margins rose in its first set of results since completing Europe's largest initial public offering (IPO) of 2017.
* H1 profit before tax 761 million euros versus 1.017 billion euros euro profit a year ago
DUBLIN The Irish government's proceeds from the initial public offering of Allied Irish Banks has increased to 3.4 billion euros after the government exercised an over-allotment option, the finance ministry said on Thursday.
DUBLIN, July 6 The Irish government's proceeds from the initial public offering of Allied Irish Banks has increased to 3.4 billion euros after the government exercised an over-allotment option, the finance ministry said on Thursday.
* Announces exercise of over-allotment option in relation to Allied Irish Banks
* Shares 7.5 percent above IPO price in stock market return (Adds details, quotes from CEO)
DUBLIN, June 27 Shares in Allied Irish Banks (AIB) opened over 8 percent higher in their market debut on Tuesday after the government sold a 25 percent stake in a 3 billion euro ($3.4 billion) listing.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, June 23 (Fitch) The first stage of Allied Irish Banks' (AIB) return to private ownership is a notable further step in the long recovery of Ireland's banking sector, Fitch Ratings says. The privatisation was able to get underway thanks to AIB's improving credit fundamentals, helped by falling unemployment, rising property prices and strong economic growth. Fitch projects real GDP growth for Ireland of 3.2% in 2017 and 2.7% in 201