Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
22 Sep 2017
* Scotiabank - increasing its Canadian dollar prime lending rate from 2.95 per cent to 3.20 per cent, effective September 7 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
TORONTO Bank of Nova Scotia Chief Executive Brian Porter said on Wednesday the bank's potential acquisition of BBVA's retail business in Chile was a "once in a lifetime opportunity."
TORONTO, Sept 6 Bank of Nova Scotia Chief Executive Brian Porter said on Wednesday the bank's potential acquisition of BBVA's retail business in Chile was a "once in a lifetime opportunity."
* Scotiabank ceo says backdrop for canadian mortgage market better today than 18 months ago Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Matt Scuffham)
MADRID/TORONTO BBVA said on Thursday it was looking at the possible sale of its retail bank in Chile after Canada's Bank of Nova Scotia expressed an interest in buying up to 100 percent.
* Scotiabank focused on Asia Pacific region (Adds statement by Scotiabank)
* Scotiabank confirms exploratory discussions with BBVA Spain to acquire BBVA Chile
* CONFIRMS THAT BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA (SCOTIABANK) EXPRESSED NON-BINDING INTEREST TO BUY UP TO 100 PERCENT OF BBVA CHILE
TORONTO, Aug 29 Canadian lenders Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Montreal posted higher-than-expected quarterly earnings, reaping the benefits of a domestic economy growing at its fastest rate in years.
* Scotiabank canada retail head says "very clear" there has been a softening in toronto housing market