CRH PLC (CRH.L)
* CRH CEO says UK market looks fairly stable for rest of year and into 2018 after Brexit volatility
DUBLIN Irish building materials firm CRH has sold its U.S. distribution business to Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. for $2.63 billion in cash and will use the proceeds to continue an acquisition spree elsewhere, it said on Thursday.
* Acquisition opens new markets for Beacon Roofing Supply (Adds details, share price, analyst quote)
* Shares in CRH rise 4.5 percent after it sells u.s. Distribution business to beacon roofing for $2.6 billion Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Padraic Halpin)
DUBLIN, Aug 24 CRH has sold its U.S. distribution business to Beacon Roofing Supply Inc. for $2.63 billion in cash and will use the proceeds for acquisitions elsewhere, the Irish building materials group said on Thursday.
* BEACON ROOFING SUPPLY TO ACQUIRE ALLIED BUILDING PRODUCTS FROM CRH FOR $2.625 BILLION IN CASH
* H1 pretax profit 517 million euros versus 407 million eur year ago
* Cash tender offer by its wholly owned unit, Crh America with respect to any and all of its outstanding 8.125 pct notes due 2018 issued by Crh America Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: