Crown Resorts Ltd (CWN.AX)
19 Sep 2017
* Last of 19 current and former employees of Crown Group who were detained in China have now been released Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
SHANGHAI/BEIJING China on Saturday freed one of the last remaining Crown Resorts Ltd executives jailed for illegally promoting gambling, as a protracted saga that forced the Australian casino operator to cancel global expansion plans and hurt profits nears an end.
SHANGHAI/BEIJING, Aug 12 China on Saturday freed one of the last remaining Crown Resorts Ltd executives jailed for illegally promoting gambling, as a protracted saga that forced the Australian casino operator to cancel global expansion plans and hurt profits nears an end.
* Firm not considering sale of struggling Darwin casino - CEO (Recasts, adds market reaction, CEO comment)
* Crown underlying full year NPAT A$343.1 mln vs A$369.1 analysts
Aug 4 Australian casino giant Crown Resorts said on Friday its underlying annual net profit fell by nearly a sixth, missing analyst forecasts, due to decreased demand from high-rolling VIP gamblers across its Australian resorts.
SHANGHAI China released 10 employees of Australian casino operator Crown Resorts Ltd on Wednesday, the first of 16 who were detained in October and sentenced in June for illegally promoting gambling.
* Head of international VIP gambling to be released Aug. 12 -source (Adds further details of Crown employees' releases, comments from employee relative)
SYDNEY Australia's Ten Network Holdings said on Monday that three media magnates have put up A$30 million ($23 million) to keep it running until the end of August while the television broadcaster looks to secure a deal with a buyer.
* Unclear what happens after funding guarantee runs out on Aug. 31 (Recasts and adds analyst comment)