Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (FMG.AX)
20 Oct 2017
QINGDAO, China Fortescue Metals Group, the world's No.4 iron ore miner, is looking to diversify its business by investing in energy infrastructure and exploring for gold and base metals, the head of the Australian company told Reuters on Wednesday.
* Shares drop to lowest in nearly a month (Adds quotes, details, updates shares)
* Selling more iron ore outside China (Adds SYDNEY dateline, analyst quote, updates shares)
Aug 21 World number 4 iron ore miner Fortescue Metals Group Ltd has more than doubled its final dividend after posting a 113 percent jump in annual net profit on Monday.
* Gave notice to repurchase Solomon power station from Tec Pipe Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Transalta Corporation
* TransAlta Renewables responds to Fortescue Metals Group's notice to repurchase the Solomon power station
* Refers to market release issued by Transalta Renewables on 28 July & various media reports relating to status of south Hedland power station
SYDNEY Fortescue Metals Group on Thursday reported higher than expected fiscal 2017 iron ore shipments and said it cut costs by 15 percent in the fourth quarter amid a widening price discount for its ore.
SYDNEY Australia's Federal Court has ruled in favor of an indigenous Aboriginal group's claims over land used by Fortescue Metals Group to mine millions of tonnes of iron ore in Western Australia's Pilbara region.
SYDNEY The May 18 story "Australian billionaire uses indigenous land laws to keep prospectors off farm" has been withdrawn to avoid any unintended implication that the Wardens Court proceeding was incorrectly decided.