Genworth Financial Inc (GNW.N)
HONG KONG China's Oceanwide Holdings Co Ltd is aiming to close its $2.7 billion acquisition of U.S. insurer Genworth Financial Inc by the end of the year after securing approval from a U.S. government panel, a senior executive said on Tuesday.
* Executive says difficult to get CFIUS approval by end-October
HONG KONG, Sept 19 China's Oceanwide Holdings Co Ltd is aiming to close its $2.7 billion acquisition of U.S. insurer Genworth Financial Inc by end of this year after securing approval from a U.S. government panel, said an executive of the Chinese firm.
BRIEF-Virginia regulator approves proposed Oceanwide acquisition of Genworth's Virginia-domiciled insurance companies
* Virginia regulator approves proposed Oceanwide acquisition of Genworth's Virginia-domiciled insurance companies
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SINGAPORE, September 12 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed the Insurer Financial Strength Rating on Genworth Mortgage Insurance Australia Ltd's (GMA) operating subsidiary, Genworth Financial Mortgage Insurance Pty Limited (GFMI), at 'A+'. The Outlook is Stable. The affirmation of the IFS Rating is underpinned by GMA's robust standalone credit profile, solid operating performance, strong capital ratios and conservative investment approac
BRIEF-Genworth Financial says co, other parties, entered agreement to waive right to terminate merger agreement - SEC filing
* Genworth Financial says on Aug 21, 2017, co, other parties, entered agreement to waive until Nov 30 right to terminate merger agreement - SEC filing Source text: [ID: http://bit.ly/2v08v6B] Further company coverage:
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.24 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
A secretive U.S. government panel has objected to at least nine acquisitions of U.S. companies by foreign buyers so far this year, people familiar with the matter said, a historically high number that bodes poorly for China's overseas buying spree.
* Genworth and Oceanwide provide update on CFIUS application and completed reinsurance agreements related to the proposed transaction
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.23 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
|Allianz SE (ALVG.DE)||€185.50||+1.35|
|Muenchener Rckvrrgs Gsllcht Mhn AG in mu (MUVGn.DE)||€176.80||+2.55|
|Hartford Financial Services Group Inc (HIG.N)||$54.35||-0.78|
|Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (MMC.N)||$82.34||-0.25|
|Brown & Brown, Inc. (BRO.N)||$47.07||-0.26|
|Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA.PK)||$2.80||+0.06|
|Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMAG.PK)||$10.90||0.00|
|Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMAM.PK)||$11.08||+0.33|