Myer Holdings Ltd (MYR.AX)
22 Sep 2017
* Garry Hounsell appointed as non-executive director and deputy chairman
* Final dividend down to 2 Australian cents, from 3 cents in 2016 (Recasts throughout, adds shares, analyst and CEO quotes)
* In FY2018, Myer anticipates continuing changes to both consumer behaviour and broader competitive environment
* FYy total sales value from ordinary activities down 2.67% to A$3.20 billion
SYDNEY, Aug 25 The British owner of fashion chain Topshop will keep its Australian unit open, company representatives said on Friday, three months after it appointed administrators amid fierce competition in the persistently soft retail market.
* Myer says FY underlying net profit A$66m-$70m vs $69m in May
* Co now anticipates FY2017 NPAT (pre implementation costs and significant items set out below) to be between $66 million and $70 million
SYDNEY, May 24 Australia's biggest upmarket department store operator Myer Holdings Ltd said on Wednesday the local franchisee of British fashion retailer Topshop, of which it owns one fifth, has appointed voluntary administrators.
* Total year to date (YTD) sales down 1.3 pct to $2.438 billion down 0.3 pct on a comparable store basis
SYDNEY, March 29 Australian retail group Premier Investments Ltd on Wednesday said it had purchased a 10.8 percent stake in department store owner Myer Holdings Ltd , but added it had no plans to make a takeover offer at this time.