Pfizer Inc (PFE.N)
20 Oct 2017
* Pfizer Inc reports 5.4 percent passive stake in Rhythm Pharmaceuticals Inc as of October 10, 2017 - SEC filing Source text: (http://bit.ly/2ywc5E7) Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)
* Pfizer presents full results from Phase 2 study of next-generation investigational ALK-inhibitor lorlatinib in ALK-positive and ROS1-positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer
* Pfizer Inc - U.S. FDA approves Lyrica CR extended-release tablets CV
* Nestle declines comment on any interest in Pfizer's consumer healthcare business, says does not comment on rumours as a matter of policy Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Zurich newsroom)
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - Painkillers and pile cream: these are either the recipe for a terrible night in, or a potentially good corporate deal. Pfizer, the $215 billion U.S. drugmaker, has tasked investment banks with looking into a spinoff or sale of its consumer-goods division, which makes Advil and Preparation H. New GlaxoSmithKline boss Emma Walmsley would be well placed to offer a home.
Pfizer said on Tuesday it was considering the sale or spin-off of its consumer healthcare business, shaking up the industry and potentially putting a headache pill to lip balm operation worth some $15 billion up for grabs.
* Possible buyers include existing OTC drugmakers and Nestle (Adds Breakingviews link)
Oct 10 Pfizer Inc said on Tuesday it was reviewing strategic alternatives for its consumer healthcare business, including a full or partial separation of the unit.
* Pfizer reviewing strategic alternatives for Consumer Healthcare business
(This October 4 story fixes comment by Organization for International Investment as referring to historically foreign-based companies in paragraph 13.)
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$142.40||+0.36|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF84.45||+0.10|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$63.88||+0.13|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (ROG.S)||CHF234.40||-4.20|
|Roche Holding Ltd. (RO.S)||CHF236.90||-4.80|
|Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)||$56.32||+0.32|
|Bayer AG (BAYGn.DE)||€117.95||-0.75|
|Bayer AG (BAYE.F)||--||--|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€83.81||-0.45|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||5,162.00||-13.00|