Wesfarmers Ltd (WES.AX)
MELBOURNE New Hope Corp is chasing more coal mine acquisitions in Australia over the next year to drive growth, its boss said on Tuesday after reporting a huge rise in annual profit on the back of an earlier expansion and higher coal prices.
* Coal, hardware, department stores grow; supermarkets down (Recasts throughout, adds CEO quote, broker quote)
* FY net profit attributable to members $2.873 billion versus $407 million
Aug 17 Australian retail-to-mining conglomerate Wesfarmers Ltd on Thursday posted a record annual profit but just missed analyst forecasts, boosted by the coal and home improvement units although supermarket sales were flat.
July 3 Australian shares were flat on Monday as gains in financials and energy stocks were offset by declines in healthcare and the real estate sector and investors exercised caution following last week's wild swings on the benchmark.
LONDON/SYDNEY, June 30 The final group attempting to buy the Curragh coking coal mine in Australia from conglomerate Wesfarmers Ltd has dropped out, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Friday.
* announced three senior executive appointments as part of group's leadership transition next financial year.
* announced details of service agreement and remuneration terms for incoming group managing director Rob Scott when he succeeds Richard Goyder
SYDNEY Australia's Wesfarmers Ltd canceled a potential $1.1 billion IPO of its office supplies unit, underscoring uncertainty in a retail sector hit by weak spending and the slated arrival of online shopping giant Amazon.com Inc .
* Wesfarmers hoped to raise up to A$1.5 bln from Officeworks IPO