Bank of East Asia Ltd (0023.HK)
26 May 2017
HONG KONG, May 12 (IFR) - Asia credit markets were slightly tighter on Friday, though the price of Noble Group's US dollar notes slumped on rising worries over its ability to service debt.
* Toys"R"Us - Toys"R"Us Asia Ltd entered agreement to unify Toys"R"Us business in Japan with company's business in Greater China and Southeast Asia Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Bank Of East Asia acquires 21 pct of issued share capital of Prasac Microfinance Institution Ltd
* Acquired 21% of issued share capital of Prasac Microfinance Institution Limited
* Chan Kin-Por has been appointed as an independent non-executive director Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Has been served with a statement of claim filed by China Medical Technologies, Inc
* Henry tang ying-yen has been appointed as an independent non-executive director Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* William Doo Wai-Hoi has tendered his resignation as an independent Non- Executive Director
* Chairman says asset quality to stabilise in 2017 (Adds China loan details, management comment)
* FY net interest income HK$11.1 billion versus hk$11.93 billion
HONG KONG, Feb 17 Bank of East Asia Ltd (BEA) on Friday reported a 33 percent fall in annual profit to its lowest in seven years, meeting analyst estimates, due to slowing loan demand in its main markets of Hong Kong and China as well as a rise in bad loans.