Bank of East Asia Ltd (0023.HK)
* William Doo Wai-Hoi has tendered his resignation as an independent Non- Executive Director
* Chairman says asset quality to stabilise in 2017 (Adds China loan details, management comment)
* FY net interest income HK$11.1 billion versus hk$11.93 billion
HONG KONG, Feb 17 Bank of East Asia Ltd (BEA) on Friday reported a 33 percent fall in annual profit to its lowest in seven years, meeting analyst estimates, due to slowing loan demand in its main markets of Hong Kong and China as well as a rise in bad loans.
* Trustee-manager entered into agreement with bank of east asia for grant of S$60 million loan facility & s$30 million revolving credit facility Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
HONG KONG Hong Kong-based Bank of East Asia said it has agreed to sell its share registry arm Tricor Holdings to private equity firm Permira for HK$6.5 billion ($837.91 million) in a deal that will bolster the lender's capital reserve.
* Deal cash to help bank improve capital position (Adds financial details, background, share price)
HONG KONG, Oct 5 Private equity firm Permira has agreed to acquire Hong Kong-based lender Bank of East Asia Ltd's share registry unit Tricor Holdings Ltd for HK$6.5 billion ($837.91 million), the bank said on Wednesday.
* Bank, NWS Holdings and East Asia Secretaries entered into a share purchase agreement with Trivium for sale of all issued shares of Tricor
HONG KONG, Oct 3 Hong Kong stocks rose more than 1 percent on Monday, lifted by gaming shares such as Galaxy Entertainment Group, after the world's biggest casino hub Macau posted a better than expected rise in gambling revenue in September.