Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (2330.TW)
20 Jan 2017
TAIPEI Taiwan's December export orders grew for a fifth straight month but slower than forecast, raising some concerns that demand for its tech shipments will cool after the year-end holiday season.
* Dec orders +6.3 pct y/y, below +8.9 pct Reuters poll forecast
* Says it orders a batch of facility equipment at T$1.03 billion in total
* Says it orders equipment for T$1.03 billion ($32.74 million) from M+W High Tech Projects Taiwan Co Ltd, Allis Electric Co Ltd and Chen Yuan Co Ltd
TAIPEI, Jan 20 Taiwan stocks rebounded on Friday, though market sentiment remained cautious ahead of U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration, paced by gains in technology shares.
* Says orders machinery equipment worth T$353 million ($11.21 million)
TAIPEI, Jan 17 Taiwan stocks rose on Tuesday as investors snapped up recently beaten-down technology stocks such as Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC) and HTC.
* says it orders equipment for T$1.7 billion ($53.71 million) from Kinmax Technology Inc, Lam Research International Sarl, Jetwell Computer Co Ltd and D-Tek Technology Co Ltd
TAIPEI, Jan 16 Taiwan stocks fell on Monday, weighed down by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) for a second straight session after the world's largest contract chip maker forecast first-quarter revenue could fall from the previous three-month period.
TAIPEI, Jan 13 Taiwan stocks fell on Friday on profit-taking after the world's largest contract chipmaker TSMC reported a record fourth-quarter profit but forecast slower business for its first quarter. Asian shares wobbling also kept overall trading cautious. As of 0330 GMT, the main TAIEX index was down 0.4 percent at 9,371.82, after closing up 0.7 percent in the previous session. The electronics subindex fell as much as 0.6 percent, while the financials subindex lo