Asahi Group Holdings Ltd (2502.T)
TOKYO Japanese beer maker Asahi Group Holdings Ltd said on Tuesday it will take on 7.4 billion euros (6.36 billion pounds) in bank loans to finance its acquisition of European assets from Anheuser-Busch InBev SAC NV .
TOKYO, March 28 Japanese beer maker Asahi Group Holdings Ltd said on Tuesday it will take on 7.4 billion euros ($8 billion) in bank loans to finance its acquisition of European assets from Anheuser-Busch InBev SAC NV .
* Says it plans to take out 7.41 billion euros worth loans to fund acquisition of business
BRUSSELS, March 2 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* Asahi Group Holdings Ltd's operating profit likely rose 4 percent in the year ended December - Nikkei
* Asahi Group to spend more than 10 billion yen to expand a group plant and build a logistics center near Gunma prefecture-Nikkei
* Carlsberg said to consider bid for $1.2 billion Tsingtao stake - Bloomberg, citing sources
* Says Asahi Group has not commented on the possibility of selling its tsingtao shares - clarifying media reports
TOKYO Asahi Group Holdings Ltd is open to the possibility of more acquisitions, its chief said, even after Japan's biggest beer maker sealed $10 billion worth of deals to buy European assets from Anheuser-Busch InBev SA NV last year.
LONDON Beam Suntory, the world's third-largest spirits company known for Jim Beam and Maker's Mark bourbons, is to buy a controlling stake in London gin distiller Sipsmith, aiming to cash in on rising demand for craft spirits and gin.