Lawson Inc (2651.T)
5 Dec 2016
TOKYO Japanese retailer FamilyMart UNY Holdings is in talks to scale down a planned ATM tie-up with Japan Post Bank Co after facing strong opposition from regional lenders, people with direct knowledge of the matter said on Tuesday.
* Regional banks opposed FamilyMart's plan, fearing higher fees
* Says it to set up a preparation company in Tokyo in the late of November for entrance in banking industry
TOKYO, Oct 18 Tokyo stocks edged up on Tuesday, helped by buying in stocks which are sensitive to domestic demand, but gains were limited as investors looked to fresh catalysts from Japan Inc's interim earnings starting later this week.
* Nikkei expected to move between 16,500-17,500 for next few weeks - analyst
BRIEF-Lawson Inc's March-August operating profit likely fell 5% year on year to around 40 bln Yen - Nikkei
* For FY ending February Lawson is seen maintaining guidance of 11% rise in operating revenue to 648 bln yen, 5% gain in operating profit to 76 bln yen - Nikkei
* Coca-Cola West and Coca-Cola East Japan announce proposed integration
TOKYO Japanese trading house Mitsubishi Corp will launch a tender offer to buy a majority stake in convenience operator Lawson Inc for about 144 billion yen ($1.4 billion), the companies said on Friday.
TOKYO, Sept 16 Japanese trading house Mitsubishi Corp will launch a tender offer to buy a majority stake in convenience operator Lawson Inc for about 144 billion yen ($1.4 billion), the companies said on Friday.
TOKYO Few Japanese companies see the central bank's aggressive monetary stimulus as achieving its stated goal of spurring inflation, a Reuters poll found, with firms citing negative fallout from the program more than positive effects.