Cathay Financial Holding Co Ltd (2882.TW)
21 Jul 2017
* Says it will pay dividend for 2016 to shareholders on July 31
TAIPEI, May 26 Taiwan's Cathay Financial Holdings said its two subsidiaries have completed an agreement to acquire the Malaysia unit of The Bank of Nova Scotia for $255 million.
* Says its banking and insurance units plan to acquire 100 percent stake in Malaysia's The Bank of Nova Scotia Berhad for about 1.096 billion ringgit ($256.85 million)
* Says it will use undistributed profit to pay cash dividends of T$2 per share to shareholders for 2016
BRIEF-Cathay Financial Holding unit to invest $30 mln in KKR Health Care Strategic Growth Fund for 3.75 pct stake
* Says co's unit plans to invest $30 million in a PE fund, KKR Health Care Strategic Growth Fund LP, in exchange for 3.75 percent stake in it
* Deal would represent deeper foray by Cathay into SEAsia (Adds likely deal value, context)
TAIPEI, March 9 Taiwan's Cathay Financial Holding Co said on Thursday that it is in exclusive talks to acquire the Malaysian unit of Canada's Bank of Nova Scotia.
* Says its subsidiary Cathay Life Insurance Company, Ltd. will buy 15 plots of land in Taipei at T$2.33 billion in total from Rich Development
* Says its subsidiary Cathay Property Insurance was imposed fine of T$4.2 million by Financial Supervisory Commission, due to its violation of Insurance Act