Panasonic Corp (6752.T)
18 Aug 2017
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SEOUL/HONG KONG, August 14 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has upgraded Sony Corporation's (Sony) Long-Term Foreign- and Local-Currency Issuer Default Ratings (IDR) and local-currency senior unsecured ratings to 'BB+' from 'BB'. The Outlook on the IDRs is Positive. Simultaneously, its Short-Term Foreign- and Local-Currency IDRs are affirmed at 'B'. A full list of rating actions is at the end of this release. The Positive Outlook reflects Fitch's
* Electric vehicle batteries to drive market growth (Updates to add graphic)
SEOUL, Aug 3 Soaring cobalt prices are prompting Asia's top battery makers to tweak the recipe for lithium-ion batteries used to power electric cars and mobile phones - reducing the amount of cobalt and adding more nickel.
Panasonic first quarter profit up 17 percent; expects profit from Tesla's Model 3 batteries by year-end
TOKYO Japan's Panasonic Corp on Monday reported a 16.9 percent rise in first-quarter operating profit, mostly in line with analyst estimates, as a shift to advanced automotive parts starts to reward the electronics giant.
* Tesla Model 3 battery costs outweighed Q1 profit -exec (Adds background on the firm's automotive shift)
TOKYO, July 31 Japan's Panasonic Corp on Monday reported a 16.9 percent increase in first-quarter operating profit, mostly in line with analyst estimates, as a shift to advanced automotive parts starts to reward the electronics giant.
* Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company says has entered into a sponsorship agreement with New York Yankees of Major League Baseball Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Panasonic will join with businesses inside and outside japan,including Symantec to offer security services for the "internet of things" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) SEOUL/HONG KONG, July 03 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Panasonic Corporation's Long-Term Foreign-Currency and Local-Currency Issuer Default Ratings (IDR) and foreign-currency senior unsecured rating at 'BBB'. Its Short-Term Foreign-Currency and Local-Currency IDRs have also been affirmed at 'F2'. The Outlook on the Long-Term IDRs is Stable. KEY RATING DRIVERS Extensive Business Portfolio: Panasonic's credit profile benefits from it
* ZETES INDUSTRIES SA - RESULTS OF THE INITIAL ACCEPTANCE PERIOD OF PANASONIC'S PUBLIC TAKEOVER BID FOR ZETES, REOPENING OF THE BID AND LAUNCH OF A SQUEEZE-OUT