Sony Corp (6758.T)
31 Jul 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||¥1,871,090.00|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,044.72|
TOKYO - Japan's Sony Corp warned it doesn't now expect to make money on smartphones this year, citing weak demand, as the consumer electronics maker said restructuring will still help it turn a profit on its TVs after 10 years of losses. | Video
* Leaves fiscal year financial forecasts unchanged (Adds smartphone industry context, earnings details)
TOKYO, July 31 - Japan's Sony Corp said operating profit doubled in the April-June quarter, helped by a strong performance in its games and networks division, even as the firm cut smartphone and TV sales forecasts that analysts had said were too ambitious.
* Initial smartphone sales targets were a little aggressive, says Hiroki Totoki, corporate planning director
* Now expects to break even in smartphone business this FY, versus previous f'cast for operating profit of 26 billion yen ($253 million)
TOKYO, July 31 - Sony Corp, Panasonic Corp and Japan Display Inc said on Thursday they would form a joint venture to develop organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays, with the government-backed Innovation Network Corp of Japan (INCJ) taking a majority stake.
Jul 31 - Sony Corp CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS (in billions of yen unless specified) 3 months ended 3 months ended Year to Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2013 Mar 31, 2015 LATEST YEAR-AGO COMPANY RESULTS RESULT FORECAST Sales 1.81 trln 1.71 trln 7.80 trln (+5.8 pct)
TOKYO - Japan's Sony Corp is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation.
* Executives craft network streaming strategy around console
* Says to sell headquarters land to subsidiary Sony Life for 52.8 billion yen ($519 million) Further company coverage: ($1 = 101.8100 Japanese Yen) (Tokyo Newsroom)
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Trading Report for (SNE). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
"The Economy Matters" Report for SNE: the economy's impact on SNE's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating
Provider: MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
Sony Corporation (SNE) Profile and Financials, plus Information Technology Industry Trends Analysis, Operating Ratios and Financial Averages
Provider: Plunkett Research, Ltd.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.