Denso Corp (6902.T)
8 Dec 2016
TOKYO Toyota Motor Corp on Wednesday appointed its president to lead their newly formed electric car division, flagging its commitment to develop a technology that the automaker has been slow to embrace.
TOKYO Toyota Motor Corp is setting up a new in-house unit to develop electric cars, offering its strongest endorsement yet of a technology it has not embraced wholly, as take up of a rival technology it pioneered remains slow.
* Toyota sees need to keep up with tighter global emissions rules
TOKYO, Nov 17 Toyota Motor Corp said on Thursday it would create a new in-house team to develop electric vehicles as the Japanese automaker speeds up its efforts to develop more of the lower-emission cars.
TOKYO Japan's Sony Corp on Tuesday said it remained bullish about the long-term prospects of its cash-cow imaging sensor business after earthquake damage to a major factory contributed to a 48 percent drop in quarterly profit.
* Chips unit, featuring image sensors, swings to loss (Adds CFO comments, move toward automotive market)
* Denso is in talks to increase its interest in Fujitsu Ten To a majority stake - Nikkei
* denso: to retire treasury stock worth 10.18 percent of outstanding shares on aug 25 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Japan's Denso to pay out additional $193.8 million to American consumers in auto parts settlement - attorneys Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Chris Gallagher)
TOKYO Suzuki Motor Corp on Wednesday tapped the son of the company patriarch to become chief executive, keeping management of Japan's fourth-largest automaker with the founding family as it tries to recover from a testing scandal.