Denso Corp (6902.T)
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "AA+" -R&I
* Says the company plans to fully acquire 99.35-percent-owned auto parts manufacturing unit DAISHINSEIKI Co Ltd through stock swap, with effective on March 17
TOKYO The Japanese government defended Toyota Motor Corp on Friday as an "important corporate citizen" of the United States, after President-elect Donald Trump singled out the automaker and threatened to slap punitive tariffs on its Mexico-built cars.
TOKYO Toyota Motor Corp on Wednesday appointed its president to lead their newly formed electric car division, flagging its commitment to develop a technology that the automaker has been slow to embrace.
TOKYO Toyota Motor Corp is setting up a new in-house unit to develop electric cars, offering its strongest endorsement yet of a technology it has not embraced wholly, as take up of a rival technology it pioneered remains slow.
* Toyota sees need to keep up with tighter global emissions rules
TOKYO, Nov 17 Toyota Motor Corp said on Thursday it would create a new in-house team to develop electric vehicles as the Japanese automaker speeds up its efforts to develop more of the lower-emission cars.
TOKYO Japan's Sony Corp on Tuesday said it remained bullish about the long-term prospects of its cash-cow imaging sensor business after earthquake damage to a major factory contributed to a 48 percent drop in quarterly profit.
* Chips unit, featuring image sensors, swings to loss (Adds CFO comments, move toward automotive market)
* Denso is in talks to increase its interest in Fujitsu Ten To a majority stake - Nikkei