Mitsubishi Motors Corp (7211.T)
PARIS The Renault-Nissan alliance is replacing its top executive in charge of combining the carmakers' engines and gearboxes, sources told Reuters, as tightening emissions regulations expose the slow pace of integration so far.
TOKYO U.S. buyout firm KKR & Co is buying Nissan Motor-backed auto parts maker Calsonic Kansei Corp for up to 498.3 billion yen ($4.5 billion) in its biggest deal in Japan, seizing on a rare chance there to do a multi-billion dollar purchase.
* Calsonic relies on Nissan for 80 pct of sales (Adds KKR executive's comments, details of its previous deals in Japan)
* Reported October 2016 sales of 7,637 up 2.8 percent from October of 2015
TOKYO, Oct 28 Mitsubishi Motors Corp on Friday reported its first quarterly operating loss in nearly six years as the Japanese automaker struggles to recover from a slump in domestic sales after admitting to overstating the fuel economy on its vehicles.
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "BBB-" - R&I
TOKYO Nissan Motor Co Ltd said on Thursday it had completed a deal to take a controlling stake in Mitsubishi Motors Corp, and would be retaining the embattled automaker's chief executive in a bid to help it recover from a mileage cheating scandal.
* Mitsubishi recovering from mileage cheating scandal (Adds details on stake sale, background)
Oct 20 Nissan Motor Co Ltd Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn:
* Nissan Motor Co Ltd Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn: Mitsubishi Motors Corp has taken significant steps to rebuild trust, improve compliance; Nissan supports these actions, more work needs to be done