Nintendo Co Ltd (7974.T)
28 Apr 2017
OSAKA Nintendo Co Ltd expects its new Switch console to more than double annual operating profit and end the eight-year sales decline that dogged its previous offering just as players were turning to smartphone gaming.
* Switch marketing costs push forecast far below analyst estimates
OSAKA, April 27 Japan's Nintendo Co Ltd said on Thursday it expects operating profit to jump 121 percent in the year through March 2018, bolstered by strong demand for its new Switch console.
* GameStop announces new supply of Nintendo switch systems available just in time for the launch of Mario Kart 8 deluxe
* Nintendo says is partnering with mcdonald's to bring some of its characters to happy meals Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* THQ NORDIC RELEASES BATTLE CHASERS: NIGHTWAR AND SINE MORA EX FOR NINTENDO SWITCH Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
TOKYO, March 23 The Nikkei share average fell to a 1-1/2 month low in choppy trade on Thursday morning as a political scandal centering on the wife of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe sapped domestic investor sentiment.
TOKYO Nintendo Co Ltd shares rose as much as 2 percent on Thursday after a regulatory filing showed BlackRock, the world's largest asset manager, owns over five percent of stock in the Japanese games maker.
A federal appeals court handed Nintendo Co Ltd a victory on Friday in a long-running lawsuit in which the game console maker had been accused of copying patented 3D-imaging technology.
* Says Nintendo has chosen co's semiconductors for its latest game console, Nintendo Switch Source text: http://bit.ly/2mSx3cl Further company coverage:, (Gdynia Newsroom)