Mitsui & Co Ltd (8031.T)
5 Dec 2016
TOKYO Japanese trading house Mitsui & Co said on Monday it has agreed to buy a 20 percent stake in four blocks in the U.S. offshore oil and gas fields in the Gulf of Mexico from Royal Dutch Shell Plc for an undisclosed amount.
TOKYO Japanese authorities are set to recommend new fair disclosure rules that aim to prevent company executives leaking insider information, part of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's push to improve corporate governance and encourage foreign investment.
* Mitsui & Co says to invest 54.1 billion yen ($489 million) to buy 22 percent of Panasonic Healthcare from KKR Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: ($1 = 110.5900 yen)
* Mitsui & Co will acquire about 20 percent interest in medical equipment maker Panasonic Healthcare Holdings for 50 billion yen ($456 million) - Nikkei
BRIEF-Mitsui & Co gets about 49 bln yen contract to help build high-speed freight railroad in India - Nikkei
* Mitsui & Co has landed a roughly 49 billion yen ($459 million) contract to help build a high-speed freight railroad in India - Nikkei
* Aiming for 97,000 T of copper concentrate output in current FY
* Brazilian miner Vale has found negotiations with Australia's Fortescue Metals Group over shared blending more complex than anticipated, Vale's head of iron ore Peter Poppinga said on a conference call without going into details
PARIS French utility Engie said it had not made a decision on the future of the Hazelwood power station in Australia after a French newspaper said its board had decided to shut the coal-fired plant.
PARIS, Oct 23 French utility Engie said it had not made a decision on the future of the Hazelwood power station in Australia after a French newspaper said its board had decided to shut the coal-fired plant.
* New Ocean Capital Management announces Mitsui committed initial $100 million of proprietary investment capital to New Ocean's private fund platform