Mizuho Financial Group Inc (8411.T)
8 Dec 2016
* Keeps annual net profit forecast at 600 bln yen (Adds net interest income and domestic loans figures)
TOKYO, Nov 14 Mizuho Financial Group said first-half profit slipped 6.7 percent, hurt by the central bank's introduction of negative interest rates this year which has further squeezed already low returns on loans.
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "A+" -R&I
TOKYO Japanese financial firms risk falling behind on the world stage as efforts to adopt blockchain technology that promises to save billions of dollars in backroom processing and revolutionize the finance industry are hamstrung by a dearth of specialists.
* Blockchain set to revolutionise finance industry, save billions
BRIEF-Mizuho Financial Group looking to partner with Softbank Group in new personal loan business -Nikkei
* Mizuho Financial Group looking to partner with Softbank Group in new personal loan business that leverages big data in screening process - Nikkei
* Keeps full-year net profit forecast at 600 bln yen (Adds stock-related gains, share price rises)
TOKYO, July 29 Mizuho Financial Group, Japan's second-largest lender, said its first-quarter profit dropped 16 percent, as the country's negative interest rates hit income from loans and investments while failing to stoke broader borrowing.
July 27 Mizuho Americas, a unit of Japan's Mizuho Financial Group Inc, named Timothy Rezvan managing director on its equity research team, covering oil and gas exploration and production companies.
* Mizuho Financial Group and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group are reshuffling operations in Europe - Nikkei