Orix Corp (8591.T)
LONDON The Royal Bank of Scotland has begun winding down its global shipping finance business, it said on Tuesday, ending efforts to sell it off during a worsening downturn across the freight industry.
* European banks looking to offload billions of dollars in loans
* City of Kobe plans to hold auctions in 2017 to sell the airport concession - Nikkei
* Orix Corp plans to send directors to Bitexco Power, and will offer advice on business operations as well - Nikkei
* Smartzip Analytics Inc secured $12 million in debt financing round led by Orix Growth Capital Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
TOKYO Japanese financial firms risk falling behind on the world stage as efforts to adopt blockchain technology that promises to save billions of dollars in backroom processing and revolutionize the finance industry are hamstrung by a dearth of specialists.
* Blockchain set to revolutionise finance industry, save billions
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) TOKYO, August 10 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Japan-based ORIX Corporation's Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) of 'A-'. The Outlook is Stable. The agency has also affirmed the company's Short-Term Foreign-Currency IDR of 'F2'. ORIX's senior unsecured debt has also been affirmed at 'A-'. Established in 1964, ORIX is engaged in a wide range of businesses including leasing, banking, life insurance, asset man
TOKYO Japanese financial services company Orix Corp has bought Boston Financial Investment Management, a U.S. money manager specialized in tax credit investments for low-income housing suppliers, two sources said on Saturday.
TOKYO, July 9 Japanese financial services company Orix Corp has bought Boston Financial Investment Management, a U.S. money manager specialised in tax credit investments for low-income housing suppliers, two sources said on Saturday.