Dai-ichi Life Holdings Inc (8750.T)
9 Dec 2016
TOKYO Japan's Dai-ichi Life Holdings is gearing up to acquire domestic rivals as ultra-low interest rates push the country's $400 billion life insurance industry towards consolidation in the medium term, its president said.
TOKYO, Oct 6 Japan's Dai-ichi Life Holdings is gearing up to acquire domestic rivals as ultra-low interest rates push the country's $400 billion life insurance industry towards consolidation in the medium term, its president said.
LONDON/SAN FRANCISCO London-based asset manager Henderson Group agreed to buy U.S. rival Janus Capital Group Inc on Monday in an all-share $6 billion deal to cut costs and boost profits amid growing competition from index funds run by top providers such as Vanguard Group. | Video
* Henderson shares up 16.7 pct; Janus shares up 12.4 (Adds quotes, industry context, updates share prices)
* Janus Capital Group Inc. and Henderson Group Plc announce recommended merger of equals
LONDON, Oct 3 Fund management firms Janus Capital and Henderson Global Investors have agreed an all-share merger to form a company managing more than $320 billion in assets, the firms said on Monday.
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc.'s withdrew the rating on the company of "A+" - R&I
* Upon change in law, Bank of India has sold its 18% stake in Star Union Dai-Ichi Life Insurance Company Ltd (SUD) To Dai-Ichi Life Insurance Company Limited (DILIC).
TOKYO, Sept 5 Japan's Nikkei climbed to more than a three-month high on Monday morning as a weaker yen lifted hopes that exporters' earnings will recover after data showing slower than expected U.S. jobs growth still left intact expectations for a U.S. rate hike this year.
* Dai-Ichi Life Insurance to acquire united states warranty corp for deal valued at $127 million - nikkei