KDDI Corp (9433.T)
* To retire 33,280,732 shares (1.3 pct stake) of its common stock on May 17
* to buy back up to 1.67 percent of own shares worth 100 billion yen ($876.12 million)
* Says board approves to boost Hong Kong unit's capital by $152 million for acquisition
BRIEF-KDDI Corp expected to report increase of 15 pct in operating profit for April-Dec period - Nikkei
* KDDI Corp is expected to report a 15 percent operating profit increase to around 770 billion yen ($6.85 billion) for April-December period - Nikkei
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "AA-" - R&I
YANGON, Jan 12 Myanmar on Thursday awarded its fourth - and final - telecoms license to a joint venture between Vietnam's telecom company Viettel and two local firms, heating up competition in a rapidly growing market by adding a second majority-Myanmar operator.