SoftBank Group Corp (9984.T)
17 Feb 2017
TOKYO Japan's SoftBank Group Corp on Wednesday said it has agreed to buy Fortress Investment Group LLC for about $3.3 billion, looking to add investment expertise as it prepares to launch the world's largest private equity fund. | Video
* Fortress shareholders to receive $8.08 per share (Adds Evercore as financial adviser to Fortress)
* Fortress Investment Group LLC - will pay Softbank a termination fee of $98.4 million if merger breaks up under certain circumstances
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Masayoshi Son is fond of his "crazy ideas." Splashing out $3.3 billion for Fortress Investment, an alternative-investment firm, is unexpected but not exactly crazy. SoftBank, the Japanese entrepreneur's tech and telecoms group, has big ambitions in investing, and the New York-based firm knows how to put money to work.
* Softbank Group to acquire fortress investment group for $3.3 billion
Feb 14 Japan's SoftBank Group Corp said it would buy asset manager Fortress Investment Group LLC for about $3.3 billion.
BRIEF-SoftBank nears deal to buy Fortress Investment Group for more than $3 bln - WSJ, citing sources
* SoftBank nears deal to buy Fortress Investment Group for more than $3 billion - WSJ, citing sources Source text - http://on.wsj.com/2kHIyzx Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)
T-Mobile US Inc, the No.3 U.S. wireless carrier, reported quarterly profit and revenue above estimates as promotional offers helped add more subscribers.
Feb 14 T-Mobile US Inc, the No.3 U.S. wireless carrier, reported quarterly profit and revenue above estimates as promotional offers helped add more subscribers.
* Softbank near first closing of $100 billion tech fund - Bloomberg, citing sources