ABB Ltd (ABB.N)
20 Jan 2017
ZURICH, Jan 18 Power and industrial automation maker ABB sees 2017 as a transitional year with growth picking up in 2018 in the energy sector, Chief Executive Ulrich Spiesshofer said in an interview with CNBC on Wednesday.
* ABB wins $100 million order to upgrade historic HVDC link in the U.S.
ZURICH, Jan 10 Transformer maker ABB won a $640 million contract for a 1,830-km (1,137-mile) power link in India to connect thermal and wind power plants with the country's growing urban areas, the Swiss company said in a statement on Tuesday.
ZURICH/MUNICH, Oct 27 ABB's orders slipped for a sixth quarter and are not forecast to rise soon as Brexit, the U.S. elections and July's attempted Turkish coup compounded hesitation among customers of its Power Grids business, knocking its shares.
* Task to reach share price of chf 35 has become more difficult after today's report
* CFO departs as ABB opts for 'new talent' (Adds analyst comment, updates shares)
* CEO Ulrich Spiesshofer says expects Power Grids orders to resume following hesitation, 'definitely not have another of these developments' going forward
ZURICH ABB will keep its Power Grids business in a rejection of demands from an activist investor to spin it off and the Swiss engineering group has also unveiled plans for a $3 billion share buy back from next year.
* ABB sees profit potential in software, consulting (Adds comments from shareholder Nordea, updates shares)
* Global strategic alliance for execution of large turnkey engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) electrical substation projects
|Siemens AG (SIEGn.DE)||€117.00||+0.70|
|AREVA SA (AREVA.PA)||€4.64||+0.02|
|Emerson Electric Co. (EMR.N)||$58.83||+0.40|
|Crompton Greaves Ltd (CROM.NS)||Rs63.10||-1.60|
|Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL.NS)||Rs129.05||-3.35|
|General Electric Company (GE.N)||$30.53||-0.68|
|Invensys Ltd (ISYS.L)||--||--|
|Alstom SA (ALSO.PA)||€25.69||-0.28|
|Mitsubishi Corp (8058.T)||¥2,558||--|
|Legrand SA (LEGD.PA)||€53.74||+0.08|