Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
27 Jul 2016
* Indexes up: Dow 0.19 pct, S&P 0.43 pct, Nasdaq 1.06 pct (Updates with close of U.S. market)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.24 pct, S&P 0.47 pct, Nasdaq 1.13 pct (Updates to late afternoon)
Abbott Laboratories reported better-than-expected quarterly sales and profit as strong sales in its medical device business more than made up for the hit from an economic turmoil in Venezuela.
* Shares up 2.3 pct (Adds details about St. Jude, Alere acquisitions and share move)
* Q2 total diagnostics sales $1,226 million versus $1,177 million last year
July 20 Abbott Laboratories reported a 3.2 percent rise in quarterly sales, helped by strength in its branded generics and medical device businesses.
* Health Canada approves Abbott's Absorb bioresorbable stent, the first fully dissolving heart stent
* Abbott labs, st. Jude medical each received request for additional information from u.s. Ftc relating to abbott's potential acquisition of st. Jude medical
* Initiated an investigation against Transnet SOC Ltd for excessive pricing and exclusionary practices
U.S. health regulators said on Tuesday they approved a stent by Abbott Laboratories that is the first designed to be absorbed into the bloodstream after it is implanted.
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$124.77||--|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$36.85||--|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.S)||CHF81.35||-0.55|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$58.60||--|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€76.86||+0.16|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||4,838.00p||+148.00|
|GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK.L)||1,710.50p||+14.00|
|Eli Lilly and Co (LLY.N)||$83.40||--|
|Amgen, Inc. (AMGN.OQ)||$170.68||--|
|Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX.N)||$23.66||--|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Trading Report for (ABT). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider : Stock Traders Daily
Provider : New Constructs, LLC
Provider : Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider : Wright Reports
"The Economy Matters" Report for ABT: the economy's impact on ABT's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating and the new MacroRisk "Stoplight" and Risk Correspondence Score
Provider : MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.