Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N)
21 Aug 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$63,365.88|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,503.70|
- Political opposition to tax-inversion deals will not stop Mylan Inc's purchase of some non-U.S. businesses from Abbott Laboratories , Chief Executive Heather Bresch said, even as some companies have backed away from such tax arrangements.
* CEO: Tax-inversion deals do not stop companies paying US taxes
- Abbott Laboratories Inc reported better-than-expected quarterly earnings on Wednesday as demand for its recently-recalled infant formulas began to recover and profit margins improved for other business segments.
July 16 - Abbott Laboratories : * CEO, in conference call, says growth for nutritional products, pharmaceuticals
PARIS - Sanofi has held talks with Abbott Laboratories , Mylan and private equity firms over the possible sale of a 6.3 billion euro ($8.5 billion) portfolio of mature drugs, according to an internal document seen by Reuters.
* Portfolio has sales of 2.1 bln eur, enterprise value 6.3 bln eur
PARIS, July 16 - Sanofi has held talks with Abbott Laboratories, Mylan and private equity firms over the possible sale of a 6.3 billion euro ($8.5 billion) portfolio of mature drugs, according to an internal document seen by Reuters.
- Generic drugmaker Mylan Inc said on Monday it would buy Abbott Laboratories' branded specialty and generics business in developed markets outside the United States in a $5.3 billion deal that will bolster its product line and also cut its tax bill.
- Abbott Laboratories <ABT.N) said on Monday it is interested in bolstering its line of medical devices, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to find appropriate and affordable products.
(Adds analyst comments, details of deal, company background, stock prices)
|Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)||$104.19||+0.98|
|Pfizer Inc. (PFE.N)||$28.82||-0.07|
|Novartis AG (NOVN.VX)||CHF81.10||+0.25|
|Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK.N)||$58.85||-0.63|
|Sanofi SA (SASY.PA)||€80.59||+1.31|
|AstraZeneca plc (AZN.L)||4,411.50p||+126.50|
|GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK.L)||1,434.50p||+17.00|
|Eli Lilly and Co (LLY.N)||$62.03||+0.02|
|Amgen, Inc. (AMGN.OQ)||$132.53||-0.15|
|Medtronic, Inc. (MDT.N)||$64.10||-0.05|
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Trading Report for (ABT). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: New Constructs, LLC
Provider: S&P Capital IQ Quantitative Report
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.