Arch Coal Inc (ACI.N)
10 Mar 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$944.65|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||212.28|
* Metallurgical coal markets to remain challenging this year
Feb 4 - U.S. coal miner Arch Coal Inc reported a loss for the eighth quarter in a row, hurt by rail service problems and weak prices for both thermal and metallurgical coal.
RPT-Fitch downgrades Arch Coal's Sr. Unsecured to 'CCC+/RR5'; rates prospective 2nd lien notes 'B+/RR2'
Dec 12 - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
- Alpha Natural Resources Inc joined rival Arch Coal Inc in forecasting lower mining costs for the year as it reins in spending to cope with weak coal prices.
* Cuts 2013 capital budget to $260 mln-$290 mln from $275 mln-$325 mln
- U.S. coal miner Arch Coal Inc on Tuesday reported disappointing third-quarter results and cut its production outlook for steelmaking coal for the second time this year while rival CONSOL Energy Inc reported earnings that slightly topped estimates due to strict cost controls.
Oct 29 - Arch Coal Inc reported a quarterly net loss due to weak prices of coal used to make steel.
(Corrects first bullet and 5th paragraph to reflect that Peabody's contribution will fund healthcare only, not healthcare and pensions)
- Patriot Coal Corp said it settled all health and pension-related claims against Peabody Energy Corp in exchange for key funding, which would help the company emerge out of chapter 11 bankruptcy by the end of the year.
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
Trading Report for (ACI). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: S&P Capital IQ – STARS Reports
Provider: Pechala's Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.