Arch Coal Inc (ACI.N)
3 Dec 2013
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$906.44|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||212.28|
- Alpha Natural Resources Inc joined rival Arch Coal Inc in forecasting lower mining costs for the year as it reins in spending to cope with weak coal prices.
* Cuts 2013 capital budget to $260 mln-$290 mln from $275 mln-$325 mln
- U.S. coal miner Arch Coal Inc on Tuesday reported disappointing third-quarter results and cut its production outlook for steelmaking coal for the second time this year while rival CONSOL Energy Inc reported earnings that slightly topped estimates due to strict cost controls.
Oct 29 - Arch Coal Inc reported a quarterly net loss due to weak prices of coal used to make steel.
(Corrects first bullet and 5th paragraph to reflect that Peabody's contribution will fund healthcare only, not healthcare and pensions)
- Patriot Coal Corp said it settled all health and pension-related claims against Peabody Energy Corp in exchange for key funding, which would help the company emerge out of chapter 11 bankruptcy by the end of the year.
- Arch Coal Inc reported a bigger quarterly loss before special items on Tuesday on a drop in metallurgical coal prices and cut its sales forecast for the steelmaking ingredient, sending its shares down 3 percent.
(Adds lower sales forecast for met coal, executive's comments on conference call, share price move)
July 30 - Arch Coal Inc reported a wider adjusted net loss on Tuesday on a drop in metallurgical coal prices, though the coal miner said the outlook for the U.S. thermal coal market was improving.
* Purchase matches 2011 move by rival Gunvor (Adds bullets, detail on Trafigura role, share price jump)
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Trading Report for (ACI). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: Pechala's Reports
Arch Coal Inc: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: ValuEngine, Inc.
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.