Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd (AEM.TO)
24 May 2017
* Agnico Eagle reports first quarter 2017 results; strong operational performance continues; full year production guidance increased; canadian malartic extension receives government approval; exploration drilling yields favourable results at amaruq
* Says to supply 28 mw combined heat and power plant to Meliadine Gold Mine project in Canada, owned by Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd
* Announces US$220 million sale of common shares to one institutional investor
* Agnico Eagle Mines - agreed to purchase 38.1 million common shares of Goldquest Mining Corp in non-brokered private placement at price of $0.60 per share
* Otis Gold - Agnico Eagle Mines agreed to acquire, by private placement, 14.42 million shares of co at price of $0.35 per common share
TORONTO/VANCOUVER After five years of painful belt-tightening, the world's biggest gold miners are starting to cautiously loosen their purse strings and spend more money to find new deposits and build mines.
Feb 15 Agnico Eagle Mines said on Wednesday it would invest more than $1.2 billion in building a gold mine in Canada's Arctic and expanding another, making it one of the few gold companies to be constructing mines at a time when industry output is shrinking.
* Agnico Eagle reports fourth quarter and full year 2016 results - Meliadine and Amaruq projects approved for development; annual gold production expected to grow to 2.0 million ounces in 2020
Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd said an employee of a local contractor died in an accident at their Kittila mine in northern Finland on Thursday.