Ageas SA (AGES.BR)
8 Dec 2016
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, November 21 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed Ageas SA/NV's Long Term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'A'. The Outlook is Stable. Ageas SA/NV is the ultimate holding company of the Ageas group (Ageas). Fitch has also affirmed Ageas Insurance International NV's (an intermediate holding company) Long-Term IDR at 'A' and AG Insurance's and Ageas Insurance Limited's Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings at 'A+'. The Outlooks
BRUSSELS, Nov 16 Belgian insurance group Ageas SA on Wednesday reported better-than-expected third-quarter results for its core business, as its home market performed ahead of forecasts.
* 9M insurance net profit up 31 pct to 803 million euros versus 613 million euros
* The patent protects iron-fortified foods and the process of enrichment of foods with iron
BRUSSELS, Aug 10 Belgian insurance group Ageas on Wednesday reported a better-than-expected profit from insurance activities in the second quarter, aided by growth in its Belgian home market and a divestment in Asia.
* Q2 life net profit attributable to shareholders is 361.0 million euros ($402.62 million) versus euros 234.5 million euros year ago
* To initiate a new share buy-back programme of its outstanding common stock for an amount of 250 million euros ($278.78 million)
* Muang Thai Group obtains an insurance licence in Laos Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Ageas completes its 250 million euros ($276.78 million) share buy-back programme
** ABN Amro CEO Gerrit Zalm, 64, plans to step down early and is expected to announce a successor this year, leading Dutch business daily newspaper Financieele Dagblad (FD) reports