Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM.O)
14 Mar 2014
|Market Cap (Mil.):||$10,538.98|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||178.54|
* Forecasts 1st-quarter adj EPS of $0.51 to $0.55 vs est $0.49
- Akamai Technologies Inc reported better-than-expected quarterly results as its media and entertainment clients used more of its content delivery services to manage traffic over the Internet.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday agreed to hear a patent case involving technology for managing web images and video that features Limelight Networks Ltd and Akamai Technologies and which has been closely followed by much of the high-tech world for years.
WASHINGTON, Jan 10 - The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday agreed to hear a patent case involving technology for managing web images and video that features Limelight Networks Ltd and Akamai Technologies and which has been closely followed by much of the high-tech world for years.
Dec 2 - Akamai Technologies Inc said it will spend about $370 million to acquire Prolexic Technologies Inc, a pioneer in fighting distributed denial of service attacks, cyberthreats that cripple networks by overwhelming them with Internet traffic.
(Corrects second paragraph to say the deal is expected to reduce, not add to, the company's adjusted profit in the first full year after deal closing)
- Akamai Technologies Inc , whose products help move content quickly over the Internet, said it will buy cloud-based security provider Prolexic Technologies Inc for about $370 million.
- Akamai Technologies Inc , whose products help move content quickly over the Internet, forecast current-quarter revenue largely below analyst estimates, citing the uncertain outcome of contract renegotiations with its biggest media client - widely thought to be Apple Inc .
* Company expects fourth-qtr revenue of $412-$430 mln vs. est $423.8 mln
- Akamai Technologies Inc , whose products help to move content quickly over the Internet, reported a 65 percent rise in profit as mobile activity and app downloads increased after Apple Inc launched its iOS 7 platform.
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Validea Guru Analysis Report for AKAM. Analysis using Validea's interpretation of the published quantitative strategies of well-known Wall Street experts including Peter Lynch, Warren Buffett, Ben Graham and Ken Fisher, among others.
Provider: Pechala's Reports
Trading Report for (AKAM). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider: Stock Traders Daily
Provider: New Constructs, LLC