Albemarle Corp (ALB)
9 Dec 2016
* Albemarle board of directors elects Luke Kissam as chairman
* Albemarle reports third quarter 2016 results and raises full year guidance
BRIEF-Albemarle signs agreement for exclusive exploration, acquisition rights to lithium resource in Argentina
* Albemarle signs agreement for exclusive exploration and acquisition rights to lithium resource in Argentina
MELBOURNE, Sept 6 China's Tianqi Lithium Industries is set to build a A$400 million ($306 million) plant in Australia which it aims to open in late 2018, expanding its output of the material mainly for lithium batteries used in electric cars and high-end energy storage.
* Q2 adjusted earnings per share $0.93 from continuing operations
FRANKFURT, July 27 Global chemicals maker BASF warned that the $3.2 billion it paid for Albemarle Corp's surface-treatment unit Chemetall set a high bar for future returns from the investment.
* Fortive Corp will be added to S&P 500 after the close of trading on Friday, July 1, replacing Columbia Pipeline Group Inc Source text: (http://bit.ly/28QcVli) (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
BRIEF-Fitch says Albemarle's planned sale of Chemetall surface treatment business to BASF is neutral to ratings
* Fitch says Albemarle's planned sale of its Chemetall surface treatment business to BASF is neutral to co's ratings Source text (http://bit.ly/1YwNMxN) Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780; )
June 17 Chemical producer Albemarle Corp said it would sell its surface-treatment unit to Germany's BASF SE, the world's largest chemical producer, for $3.2 billion in cash.
* Albemarle enters into definitive agreement to sell Chemetall Surface Treatment Business to BASF for $3.2 billion
|ICL Israel Chemicals Ltd (ICL.TA)||1,590.00₪||+21.00|
|Chemtura Corp (CHMT.N)||$33.20||0.00|
|Nabaltec AG (NTGG.DE)||€14.64||-0.00|
|Songwon Industrial Co., Ltd. (004430.KS)||₩15,550.00||+50.00|
|W. R. Grace & Co (GRA.N)||$69.16||+1.05|
|BASF SE (BASFn.DE)||€85.38||-0.34|
|Akzo Nobel N.V. (AKZO.AS)||€60.01||+0.91|
|Clariant AG (CLN.S)||CHF16.81||+0.15|
|Jiangsu Yoke Technology Co., Ltd (002409.SZ)||¥23.75||-0.16|
|Lonza Group AG (LONN.S)||CHF178.10||+2.30|