Alcatel Lucent SA (ALU)
6 May 2015
* Alcatel-Lucent enables Windstream Holdings Inc to launch its TV service Kinetic in Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.
* To provide KPN with Rapport communications software for mobile and fixed networks for any device
* Announces Alcatel-Lucent and Trilliant are to deploy an ip-based data network for Washington Gas light company
* Will build a 14,200 km submarine cable system linking Hawaii to South America
HELSINKI/PARIS - Finland's Nokia reported quarterly profits well below market forecasts at its telecom network equipment business, sending its stock tumbling 10 percent and raising concerns over its planned takeover of smaller rival Alcatel-Lucent . | Video
* Networks Q1 op. profit 85 mln euros vs 226 mln euros in poll
HELSINKI, April 30 - Nokia Chief Executive Rajeev Suri defended the terms of its pending acquisition of smaller telecom gear maker Alcatel-Lucent after a shareholder criticised them as unacceptable.
* Says Nokia, Alcatel-Lucent merger logical step, Ericsson will focus on executing its own strategy. Further company coverage:
* Alcatel-Lucent content delivery network technology selected by Wind Telecomunicazioni to support its launch of premium video and TV services in Italy
* Networks' "brains" now lie more in software than customised hardware