Alcatel Lucent SA (ALUA.PA)
31 Jul 2015
PARIS/HELSINKI - Shares in telecom network gear makers Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent jumped on Thursday after both posted strong second-quarter results, giving a positive signal ahead of their pending merger.
* CFO says sale of majority stake in undersea cable unit expected to be announced in q3 Further company coverage:
PARIS/HELSINKI, July 30 - Shares in telecom network gear makers Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent jumped on Thursday after both posted strong second-quarter results, giving a positive signal ahead of their pending merger.
HELSINKI - Nokia , the world's No. 3 telecom network equipment maker, posted a surprise rise in quarterly profits on Thursday helped by lucrative software sales and a refusal to chase after lower-margin contracts that had hurt profits previously.
* Q2 sales slightly miss consensus, adj opg profit comes in ahead
* Alcatel-Lucent unit Alcatel-Lucent Submarine Networks (ASN)and Quintillion Subsea Holdings LLC to build undersea cable system
BRUSSELS - The European Commission said on Friday it had approved Finnish telecom equipment group Nokia's planned purchase of Alcatel-Lucent because the two were not close competitors and would still face strong global competition.
BRUSSELS, July 24 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
* has received approval from the European Commission for its pending acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent
* Says European Commission approves Nokia's proposed acquisition of Alcatel Lucent
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider : Wright Reports
Trading Report for (ALU). A detailed report, including free correlated market analysis, and updates.
Provider : Stock Traders Daily
Provider : Pechala's Reports
Alcatel Lucent SA: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider : Reuters Investment Profile
Provider : Thomson Reuters Stock Report
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.