AMMB Holdings Bhd (AMMB.KL)
KUALA LUMPUR Shares of RHB Bank and AMMB Holdings (AmBank) fell on Friday on concerns that a potential merger between the two lenders in Malaysia's biggest ever banking deal would create little value for investors.
* RHB tells analysts offer to be similar to current valuation
KUALA LUMPUR Malaysia's RHB Bank and AMMB Holdings (AmBank) are starting merger talks to form a group worth about $9 billion, in what is likely to be the nation's biggest banking deal.
* Banks say receive nod from central bank to begin merger talks
KUALA LUMPUR, June 1 Malaysia's RHB Bank Bhd and AMMB Holdings Bhd (AmBank) said on Thursday they will begin merger talks, in what could be Malaysia's biggest banking deal.
* Receives approval from Bank Negara Malaysia for AMMB to commence negotiations with RHB Bank Berhad for a possible merger of their businesses
* Banks receive central bank nod to commence talks - sources (Adds details of potential merger, background)
KUALA LUMPUR, May 31 RHB Bank Bhd and AMMB Holdings Bhd (AmBank) will begin merger talks to create one of Malaysia's biggest lenders, two sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
* Qtrly net profit attributable 335.8 million RGT versus 280 million RGT
* Jamie Ling will assume the role of group chief financial officer with effect from 1 June 2017