Ashmore Group PLC (ASHM.L)
LONDON, Feb 9 UK-based fund manager Ashmore Group posted an above-forecast 32 percent rise in first-half core profits on Thursday, following strong investment returns in emerging markets and sending its shares to the top of the FTSE mid-cap index.
* Shares down 2.1 pct; says Janus tie-up on track (Adds analyst quote, share reaction, background)
* Assets under management (aum) of us$52.2 billion (30 june 2016: us$52.6 billion), an increase of 5% over 2016
* Local currency debt, external debt see outflows (Adds CEO comment, background)
LONDON, Jan 16 Ashmore Group plc says assets under management fell by $2.4 billion during its second quarter, hit by negative markets movements and demand from investors to withdraw their money.
* Says 87.21 percent shareholder approve remuneration report for year ended June 30 2016 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)
* Assets under management increased by us$2.0 billion during period, driven solely by positive investment performance