Alliance Trust PLC (ATST.L)
23 Jun 2017
* Alliance Trust PLC today confirms appointment of Willis Towers Watson (WTW) to manage trust's equity portfolio
* FY total shareholder return for 2016 was 26.4%, an increase from 10.7% in 2015
* Declaration of a fourth interim dividend for year ending 31 december 2016 of 3.274 pence per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Feb 28 Shareholders in Alliance Trust voted on Tuesday to buy back shares in the firm that are currently held by U.S. activist hedge fund Elliott Management.
* 77.29 percent shareholders vote in favour of authority to repurchase from elliott
* Willis Towers Watson's participation in review was limited to a clearly defined role as an investment consultant
LONDON Alliance Trust , one of Britain's oldest investment managers, agreed on Friday to buy back shares held by a U.S. activist hedge fund, bringing an end to a campaign that has forced it to reform how it is run.
* Alliance Trust shares up 0.4 pct in flat FTSE All Share (Recasts, adds background, updates share price)
BRIEF-Activist investor elliott says welcomes the opportunity to participate in alliance trust buyback
Activist Investor Elliott Says Welcomes The Opportunity To Participate In Alliance Trust
LONDON, Jan 27 Alliance Trust will buy back the 19.75 percent of its shares owned by U.S. activist investor Elliott Management, the Scottish asset manager said on Friday, following pressure from Elliott to improve the fund's performance.