Aviva PLC (AV.L)
Aug 21 The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Monday. To inform us of other job changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aug 21 The asset management arm of Aviva Plc on Monday named Sunil Krishnan head of multi-asset funds and Gavin Counsell manager on the Aviva Investors Multi Strategy target income fund.
* Extension of general insurance distribution deal with HSBC (Adds Taiwan, detail on HSBC deal, share price)
LONDON, Aug 3 Life and general insurer Aviva posted an 11 percent rise in operating profit in the first half of 2017 to 1.47 billion pounds ($1.94 billion), it said on Thursday, boosted by strong performances in its general insurance and fund management units.
* AVIVA ANNOUNCE TEN-YEAR GENERAL INSURANCE AGREEMENT WITH HSBC
* Operating profit up 11% to £1,465 million (hy16: £1,325 million)
* Aviva shares flat, in line with market (Adds details, analyst comments)
July 19 Aviva, Britain's biggest life insurer, said it would sell Friends Provident International (FPIL), which provides life assurance and investment products in Asia and the Middle East, to a unit of International Financial Group for 340 million pounds ($443 million).
* Aviva plc announces sale of Friends Provident International Limited to RL360 Holding Company Limited, a subsidiary of International Financial Group Limited, for a total consideration of 340 mln pounds
June 21 Britain's biggest life insurer Aviva Plc said it appointed Maurice Tulloch as an executive director to its board.