Aviva PLC (AV.L)
26 May 2017
* Dublin says other firms to confirm Irish plans shortly (Adds Aviva plans for Irish subsidiaries)
LONDON, May 25 Aviva is to buy back up to 300 million pounds ($389.55 million) of its own shares, the insurer said on Thursday.
* Aviva plc (aviva) announces that it will commence a share buy-back of aviva's ordinary shares for up to a maximum consideration of £300 million ($389.61 million).
* CEO Mark Wilson says firm plans small acquisitions in 'insurtech', artificial intelligence, but nothing imminent. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Carolyn Cohn; editing by Simon Jessop)
LONDON British insurers published measures of their capital strength without the benefit of phasing-in arrangements on Friday, with analysts warning some firms might eventually have to cut dividends or abandon share buybacks to boost their reserves.
LONDON British insurer Aviva has sold its stake in three Spanish joint ventures for 475 million euros ($517.23 million), it said on Wednesday, as part of efforts to focus on more profitable markets.
* Aviva announces sale of its 50 pct shareholdings in life insurance and pension joint ventures Unicorp Vida 1 and Caja Espana Vida 2, as well as its retail life insurance business Aviva Vida y Pensiones 3 , to Santalucía 4
* Canabo Medical Inc - Canabo announces new partnership agreement with Aviva Medical securing additional clinics and access to 15,000 new patients Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Acquisition of Vietinbank's entire 50 pct shareholding in its life insurance joint venture Vietinbank Aviva Life Insurance Limited
April 11 The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Tuesday. To inform us of other job changes, email email@example.com.