Aviva PLC (AV.L)
18 Aug 2017
* Extension of general insurance distribution deal with HSBC (Adds Taiwan, detail on HSBC deal, share price)
LONDON, Aug 3 Life and general insurer Aviva posted an 11 percent rise in operating profit in the first half of 2017 to 1.47 billion pounds ($1.94 billion), it said on Thursday, boosted by strong performances in its general insurance and fund management units.
* AVIVA ANNOUNCE TEN-YEAR GENERAL INSURANCE AGREEMENT WITH HSBC
* Operating profit up 11% to £1,465 million (hy16: £1,325 million)
* Aviva shares flat, in line with market (Adds details, analyst comments)
July 19 Aviva, Britain's biggest life insurer, said it would sell Friends Provident International (FPIL), which provides life assurance and investment products in Asia and the Middle East, to a unit of International Financial Group for 340 million pounds ($443 million).
* Aviva plc announces sale of Friends Provident International Limited to RL360 Holding Company Limited, a subsidiary of International Financial Group Limited, for a total consideration of 340 mln pounds
June 21 Britain's biggest life insurer Aviva Plc said it appointed Maurice Tulloch as an executive director to its board.
* Appointed maurice tulloch as an executive director of company with effect from 20 june 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
LONDON Aviva , Britain's biggest life insurer, is selling about 1 billion pounds ($1.3 billion) worth of bonds and shares it holds in tobacco companies, joining a global campaign to divest from the industry.