Avista Corp (AVA.N)
16 Aug 2017
* Avista Corp - on August 10, 2017, co's cost rate adjustment filing was dismissed by washington utilities and transportation commission - SEC filing
* Avista Corp - Avista Corp is confirming its 2017 guidance for consolidated earnings to be in range of $1.80 to $2.00 per diluted share
Canadian electric utility Hydro One Ltd said on Wednesday that it would buy rival Avista Corp for about C$6.7 billion ($5.32 billion) to expand into the U.S. Northwest.
BRIEF-Avista says it will pay termination fee to Hydro if merger agreement between co, Hydro One is terminated
* Avista says if merger agreement between co, Hydro one is terminated, co will be required to pay Hydro a termination fee of $103 million - SEC filing Source: (http://bit.ly/2gLvEmq) Further company coverage:
July 19 Canadian electric utility Hydro One Ltd said on Wednesday it would buy U.S. rival Avista Corp for about C$6.7 billion ($5.32 billion) in cash.
BRIEF-Hydro One to acquire Avista to create growing North American utility leader with C$31.2 billion in enterprise value
* Hydro One to acquire Avista to create growing North American utility leader with C$31.2 billion in enterprise value
LONDON European shares extended their fall on Tuesday, with healthcare stocks particularly weak, as a diplomatic spat in the Middle East weakened appetite for risky assets across the board.
* Stronger euro to weigh on European equities - MS (Adds closing prices)
* Stronger euro to weigh on European equities - MS (ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon, see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* Nordic Capital, Avista sold aggregate of 250 million ordinary shares in Convatec at 322 pence per share, raising gross proceeds of £805 million