Axiall Corp (AXLL_w.N)
4 Feb 2013
SEOUL A South Korean court rejected a request by prosecutors for a warrant to arrest Lotte Group Chairman Shin Dong-bin in the latest twist in a wide-ranging corruption probe that has convulsed the country's fifth-largest family-run conglomerate.
* Shares in Lotte Group companies rise (Adds prosecution source confirmation, hearing comments)
* Westlake Chemical provides an update on the pending acquisition of Axiall Corporation
BRIEF-Westlake Chemical announces exchange offers and consent solicitations for certain Axiall notes
* Westlake Chemical announces exchange offers and consent solicitations for certain Axiall notes Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Intends to use proceeds to finance previously announced proposed acquisition of Axiall corporation Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
* JPMorgan Chase & Co reports 1.1 pct passive stake in Axiall as of June 30, 2016 - SEC Filing
* If merger terminated, company to pay Westlake a termination fee in amount of $77.7 million Source: (http://1.usa.gov/1XT2cJO ) Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1 646 223 8780)
Westlake Chemical Corp has reached a deal to buy chemical producer Axiall Corp for $2.33 billion after a six-month pursuit that included multiple bids and a rival offer from South Korea's Lotte Chemical Corp.
* Axiall shares rise 26 pct (Adds Lotte Chemical's withdrawal in paragraphs 4-6, updates share prices)
June 10 Axiall Corp has agreed to be acquired by Westlake Chemical Corp for $2.33 billion, days after South Korea's Lotte Chemical Corp offered to buy Axiall.
|Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSa.AS)||€23.22||+0.23|
|Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSb.L)||2,170.50p||+35.00|
|Formosa Plastics Corporation (1301.TW)||NT$84.90||-0.10|
|Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N)||$54.56||+0.80|
|Honeywell International Inc. (HON.N)||$108.83||-0.60|
|Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK.N)||$52.73||+0.41|
|Olin Corporation (OLN.N)||$22.24||+0.28|
|Ply Gem Holdings Inc (PGEM.N)||$13.60||-0.20|