AstraZeneca PLC (AZN.L)
|Market Cap (Mil.):||£49,852.54|
|Shares Outstanding (Mil.):||1,261.30|
LONDON, April 23 - A rise in the share prices of Associated British Foods and drugmaker AstraZeneca buoyed Britain's top equity index on Wednesday, leaving the market near a two-week high.
ZURICH/LONDON - Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline agreed to trade more than $20 billion worth of assets on Tuesday to bolster their best businesses and exit weaker ones as the drug industry contends with healthcare spending cuts and generic competition. | Video
* Deals, plus talk of Pfizer-Astra deal, lift sector shares (Adds details on Lilly animal health unit, updates share movement)
* Indexes extend gains after strong consumer confidence data
* FTSE 100 gains 0.9 pct * AstraZeneca surges on report of Pfizer approach * GlaxoSmithKline jumps on asset swap with Novartis (Updates with closing prices, adds technical detail) By Alistair Smout LONDON, April 22 - Corporate activity in the pharmaceutical sector on Tuesday pushed Britain's benchmark stock index to a two-week high and to within sight of a peak for this year. Drugmaker AstraZeneca rose 4.7 percent, with trading volumes in the stock more than three
* FTSE 100 up 1.1 pct * AstraZeneca surges on reported Pfizer bid interest * GlaxoSmithKline jumps on asset swap with Novartis (Adds detail, quote, updates prices) By Alistair Smout LONDON, April 22 - Merger and acquisition activity among drug companies drove Britain's top share index to a two-week high on Tuesday, putting it within sight of its peak for 2014. Drugmaker AstraZeneca surged 6.7 percent, with trading volumes in the stock over twice its 90-day average
* Indexes extend gains after strong euro zone consumer confidence
* FTSE 100 up 1 pct * AstraZeneca surges on reported Pfizer bid interest * GlaxoSmithKline jumps on asset swap with Novartis (Adds detail, quote, updates prices) By Alistair Smout LONDON, April 22 - Merger and acquisition activity in the pharmaceutical sector drove Britain's top share index to a two-week high on Tuesday, putting it within sight of its peak for 2014. Drugmaker AstraZeneca surged 7.1 percent, with trading volumes in the stock nearly twice their 90-d
LONDON\PARIS, April 22 - European shares rose on Tuesday, extending last week's gains, as mergers and acquisitions activity in the pharmaceuticals sector eclipsed disappointing results from Dutch conglomerate Philips.
LONDON, April 22 - Shares in European drugmakers received a shot in the arm on Tuesday amid a flurry of activity, with Novartis striking a multi-billion dollar deal with GlaxoSmithKline and reports U.S. giant Pfizer had approached Britain's AstraZeneca over a deal.
Earnings vs. Estimates
Analyst Research Reports
Provider: Thomson Reuters Stock Report
Provider: S&P Capital IQ – STARS Reports
"The Economy Matters" Report for AZN: the economy's impact on AZN's price and risk, featuring the powerful Economic Climate Rating
Provider: MacroRisk Analytics/EconomicInvestor
AstraZeneca PLC: Business description, financial summary, 3yr and interim financials, key statistics/ratios and historical ratio analysis.
Provider: Reuters Investment Profile
Provider: Pechala's Reports
NYSE and AMEX quotes delayed by at least 20 minutes. NASDAQ delayed by at least 15 minutes. For a complete list of exchanges and delays, please click here.