Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA.MC)
20 Feb 2017
* Completes sale of almost all of its stake in Chinese bank CNCB for 554 million euros ($588.9 million)
MADRID BBVA warned of a tougher business environment in Mexico this year while the Spanish bank's largest market adapts to the policies of U.S. President Donald Trump.
MADRID, Feb 1 Spanish bank BBVA posted on Wednesday a 28 percent fall in fourth-quarter net profit due to a sharp drop in the peso in its largest market of Mexico and by one-off charges related to mis-sold mortgages.
Nov 2 Hong Kong stock exchange interest disclosure:
* Says to amortize 2.5 billion euros ($2.74 billion) of Dec. 2013 public covered bonds
* Ends September with capital of 11 pct (Adds focus on cost cuts in Spain)
* Says expects staff to be reduced by 2,000 employees this year in Spain
MADRID, Oct 27 BBVA, Spain's second-biggest bank, posted on Thursday a net profit of 965 million euros ($1.05 billion) in the third-quarter, above analysts' forecasts and helped by strong business in its key Mexican market.
* Signs merger agreement, formalizing absorption of Catalunya Banc