BASF SE (BFFAF.PK)
26 Sep 2016
LONDON Germany's BASF , the world's largest chemicals maker by sales, will continue to invest in Asia, albeit at a slower rate, as it weighs a recent slowdown against long-term growth prospects that remain well above the global average.
* Asian markets still offer above-average long-term growth (Adds quote from executive board member, investment figures, industry background)
* BASF appoints IMCD as its personal care distribution partner in the Southeast region of the US
* Unit head says matching last year's profitability a stretch
* Operating profit in line with expectations at 1.71 bln euros
FRANKFURT, July 27 Global chemicals maker BASF warned that the $3.2 billion it paid for Albemarle Corp's surface-treatment unit Chemetall set a high bar for future returns from the investment.
FRANKFURT, July 27 BASF will not put its Agricultural Solutions unit up for sale as part of an ongoing consolidation wave in the crop protection and seeds industry, the chemical group's chief executive said on Wednesday.
FRANKFURT Chemical company BASF's adjusted operating profit dropped 16 percent in the second quarter, hurt by a slump in oil and gas unit and by weak demand for its agricultural pesticides.
FRANKFURT, July 27 Chemical company BASF's adjusted operating profit dropped 16 percent in the second quarter, hurt by a slump in oil and gas unit and by weak demand for its agricultural pesticides.
* Monsanto said to revive talks with BASF over Bayer alternative - Bloomberg, citing sources