Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS)
9 Dec 2016
Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc said it would acquire financial network HollisWealth from ScotiaBank .
* Bank benefits from strong international, domestic growth (Adds CFO comments on Mexico, Trump, acquisitions)
* Scotiabank ceo says strong capital position can enable bank to growth through acquisitions
* Q4 earnings per share view c$1.52 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
TORONTO, Nov 29 Bank of Nova Scotia, Canada's third-biggest lender, reported a better-than-expected rise in fourth-quarter earnings, driven by a strong performance from its domestic and international banking businesses.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, October 28 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed The Bank of Nova Scotia's (BNS) Long- and Short-term Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) at 'AA-' and 'F1+', respectively. The Rating Outlook is Stable. This rating action follows Fitch's periodic review of the Canadian Banks Peer Group, which includes: Bank of Montreal (BMO), Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS), Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), Caisse Centrale Desjardins (CCD), Nati
* Said on Monday completes purchase of Ceramica San Lorenzo for around $230 million
* Scotiabank filed a lawsuit against Puerto Rico's government seeking repayment of a multimillion-dollar loan - WSJ
* Scotiabank announces increase to NVCC preferred shares offering